The purchase of a new profile after April 28, 2022, will reveal new school data elements, new training statuses, and a new look to action reporting for AMA Physician Profiles, while the AMA PA Profile features a refreshed look and the addition of NPI number. Enhancements are not available on previously purchased profiles, except in instances where updates are made to the profile because of updates from discrepancy reporting or continuous monitoring.
This short video demonstrates the new profile features.
AMA Physician Profile Enhancements
Current and/or historical medical school
- New introductory text explaining how school data is verified and giving details about associated school history dates
- Addition of degree type: MD or DO
- Addition of enrollment date (when provided by the primary source to AMA)
- Inclusion of month for both enrollment and degree dates (when provided by the primary source to AMA)
Specialty board certification
For those using Continuous Monitoring (CM) Service, updates to reverify dates will trigger CM Service notifications
What is Continuous Monitoring Service?
CM Service monitors changes to these sections of the profile: state and federal action notification, medical licensure, ABMS® board certification, National Provider Identifier, DEA registration, medical school, and postgraduate medical training. It can be added to the purchase of a physician initial or reappointment profile.
Learn more about individual data triggers for Continuous Monitoring Service
Current and/or historical ACGME-accredited graduate medical training programs
- Revision of the section name
- Revision of the introductory text for this section
- Four new status indicators fully defined on every profile
Action notifications reported to the AMA
- New formatting to clearly indicate which agencies are reporting to AMA
- New formatting and icons to quickly alert users to items requiring investigation
- Clear and direct identification of those federal agencies—other than DHHS—that have reported an action to AMA
We’ve removed the extra step of calling AMA to identify alert notifications from the following: US DOJ Drug Enforcement Administration, Department of Defense, US Air Force, US Army, US Navy, or Veteran’s Administration.
AMA PA Profile Enhancements
The AMA PA Profiles have a new look for 2022 and now feature NPI number.
All information is still sourced from the American Academy of PAs Masterfile. The AMA PA Profile contains important data elements like education, NCCPA and licensure, with the new addition of NPI data.
To learn more, please refer to the documents and video below.
If you have any questions, please contact us.